Thursday 8 April 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Jacques Pauvert and Henry N Cobb.
For Heaven's Sake, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1926!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1926 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Jean-Jacques Pauvert: French publisher, notable for publishing the work of the Marquis de Sade in the early 1950s and as the first publisher of Anne Desclos/Pauline Réage's Story of O (1954) and the first edition of Kenneth Anger's Hollywood Babylon (1959).
- Henry N Cobb: American architect.
- Jurgen Moltmann: German theologian.
- Henry Cobb: American architect and academic co-founded Pei Cobb Freed & Partners.
- Shecky Greene: American comedian.
- Shirley Mills: American actress and dancer (d. 2010).
- Jürgen Moltmann: German theologian and academic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Miami - Al Jolson
- Song of the Vagabonds - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?