Saturday 11 April 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Karel Ancerl and Masura Ibuka.
The Robber's Sweetheart, directed by Viggo Larsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Shuttle by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1908!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1908 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Karel Ancerl: Czechoslovakia -- Conductor (Prague / Toronto).
- Masura Ibuka: industrialist.
- Geor Brauer: Germany Scientist.
- Jane Bolin: first African American female judge (Born 1908).
- Masaru Ibuka: co-founder of Sony Corporation, dies at age 89.
- Dan Maskell: English tennis player and sportscaster (d. 1992)
- Leo Rosten: writer/humorist (Joys of Yiddish), dies at age 88.
- Henry Bird: English chess player and author (Born 1829).
- SMS Blucher, the last armored cruiser to be built by the German Imperial Navy, launches.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dorn Sebastian - In Terra Solo (On Earth Alone) - Enrico Caruso
- Wouldn't You Like to Have Me for a Sweetheart? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?