Monday April 20, 1908
US date format: 4/20/1908, UK date format: 20/4/1908
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 20, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Lionel Hampton and Lionel Hampton.
Long Distance Wireless Photography, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 20, 1908?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- See more
- 12th Boston Marathon won by Tom Morrissey of New York in 2:25:43.2.
- Henry Chadwick sports reporter (baseball): dies at age 85.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 20, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - One Sweet Little girl
- Bob Roberts - I've Got a Tickling Sensation 'Round My Heart for You
- Billy Murray - I'm Looking for the Man That Wrote the Merry Widow Waltz