Thursday 23 April 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frederick Hawkins and Herbert Telley.
The Robber's Sweetheart, directed by Viggo Larsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Barrier by Rex Beach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1908!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1908 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Frederick Hawkins: dancer.
- Herbert Telley: British actuary.
- Myron Waldman: American animator and director (d. 2006).
- Denmark, Germany, England, France, Netherlands and Sweden signs North Sea accord.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- There Never Was a Girl Like You - Byron G. Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?