Thursday 23 April 1908US date format: 4/23/1908, UK date format: 23/4/1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 23, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bram Fischer and Frederick Hawkins.
Long Distance Wireless Photography, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 April 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1908!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1908 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Bram Fischer: Lawyer.
- Frederick Hawkins: dancer.
- Herbert Telley: British actuary.
- Myron Waldman: American animator and director (d....
- Denmark, Germany, England, France, Netherlands and Sweden signs North Sea accord.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1908 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm Looking for the Man That Wrote the Merry Widow Waltz - Billy Murray
- I've Got a Tickling Sensation 'Round My Heart for You - Bob Roberts
- One Sweet Little girl - Harry Macdonough