Sunday 8 April 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 8, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christine Boisson and Justin Sullivan.
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit, directed by Nunnally Johnson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Double Cross.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 April 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1956 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Christine Boisson: French actress.
- Justin Sullivan: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (New Model Army).
- Roman Dragoun: Czech singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Progres 2).
- Jim Piddock: English actor producer and screenwriter.
- 6 marine recruits drown during exercise at Paradise Island, South Carolina
- Six marine recruits drown during exercise at Paradise Island, South Carolina, USA.
- 20th Golf Masters Championship: Jack Burke Jr wins, shooting a 289.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the UK
- The Poor People Of Paris - Winifred Atwell
- The Dreamweavers - It's Almost Tomorrow
- Kay Starr - Rock And Roll Waltz
- The Hilltoppers - Only You
- Dave King With The Keynotes - Memories Are Made Of This
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?