Friday 8 March 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 8, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Axel Weber and Cynthia Rothrock in Wilmington.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Young Love by Tab Hunter.
Fear Strikes Out, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Organization Man by William H. Whyte Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Railway Children.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 March 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1957!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1957 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Axel Weber
- Cynthia Rothrock in Wilmington: Delaware, USA; actress (Lady Dragon, Honor and Glory).
- Ruth Wysocki in Alhambra: California, USA; 800 metre/1500 metre runner.
- Billy Childs: composer/pianist.
- John Butcher: American baseball player.
- Robert Harris: Novelist.
- Clive Burr: English drummer and songwriter (Iron Maiden Samson and Trust) (d. 2013).
- William Childs: American pianist and composer.
- Cynthia Rothrock: American actress and martial artist.
- Bob Stoddard: American baseball player.
- Eckhart Henschel: German pro astrologer and teacher of religious education, reincarnation and breathing therapist, Influenced by St. Arroyo, Liz Greene, Th.
- Othmar Schoeck: Swiss composer and musician, considered one of the principal composers of his time.
- Israeli troops leave Egypt; Suez Canal re-opened for minor ships.
- Ghana joins the United Nations.
- The 1957 Georgia Memorial to Congress, which petitions the U.S. Congress to declare the ratification of the 14th & 15th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution null and void, is adopted by the state of Georgia.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1957 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?