Friday 8 August 1930US date format: 8/8/1930, UK date format: 8/8/1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 8, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry Tarkanian and Nita Talbot in New York City.
Animal Crackers, directed by Victor Heerman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 August 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1930 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Jerry Tarkanian: American basketball coach whose career of 31 years, up to the 1991/92 season, was distinguished by both success and by scandal.
- Nita Talbot in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Supertrain, Here We Go Again).
- Joan Mondale: American wife of Walter Mondale 32nd Second Lady of the United States (d. 2014).
- Terry Nation: Welsh novelist and screenwriter, creator of the Daleks (Born1930).
- St. Louis Cardinals are 12 games back in NL, and go on to win pennant