Friday 8 August 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nita Talbot in New York City and Jerry Tarkanian.
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1930 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Nita Talbot in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Supertrain, Here We Go Again).
- Jerry Tarkanian: American basketball coach whose career of 31 years, up to the 1991/92 season, was distinguished by both success and by scandal.
- Joan Mondale: American wife of Walter Mondale 32nd Second Lady of the United States (d. 2014).
- Terry Nation: Welsh novelist and screenwriter, creator of the Daleks (Born1930).
- St. Louis Cardinals are 12 games back in NL, and go on to win pennant
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 August 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?