Wednesday 8 December 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Woronov in Brooklyn Heights and Michael Unger.
Madame Curie, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Human Comedy by William Saroyan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Voice of Firestone Televues.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1943!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1943 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Mary Woronov in Brooklyn Heights: New York, USA; actress (Eating Raoul, Terror Vision).
- Michael Unger: English editor-in-chief (Evening News, Manchester).
- Jim Morrison in Melbourne: Florida, USA; singer (The Doors - "Light My Fire").
- Bodo Tummler: German middle-distance runner.
- Ken Johnson: American professional wrestling manager.
- Hadley Fitzgerald: American pro astrologer; by 2000, a consultant for 32 years and a licensed psychotherapist for 20. Practicing in the Los Angeles area, she does phone consultations around the world. A free-lance writer, she examines current issues from the psycho-spiritual, systemic and symbolic perspective. Her book, "Traveling Eternity Road," was published in 2001.
- Jim Morrison: American singer, songwriter, poet and cult figure, the founding member and lead singer of the legendary rock group "The Doors," a top band of the '60s with mega-hits "Riders on the Storm" and Light My Fire." He is the author of "The Lords and the New Creatures," 1969.
- Robert Viets: American economist and CEO of Cilcorp, a utilities based company that is diversifying into investment-management subsidiary, asbestos abatement and environmental services. Viets is a graduate with a BS in Economics and a JD law degree from Washington U., before pursuing career interests in finance and accounting.
- Larry Martin: American paleontologist and ornithologist (d. 2013)
- James Tate: American poet and academic (d. 2015)
- Bodo Tümmler: German runner
- Mary Woronov: American actress director and screenwriter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1943 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?