Sunday 26 December 1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carlo Benetton .
A Guy Named Joe, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while So Little Time by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching At Home.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 1943!
Which were the important events of 26 December 1943 ?
- First day of Kwanzaa
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
- Carlo Benetton: Italian industrialist, a fashion producer of sporting goods with his three siblings.
- British sink German battle cruiser Scharnhorst
- Earl Claus von Stauffenberg vain with bomb to Hitlers headquarter
- Chicago Bears win NFL championship.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?