Wednesday 22 December 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robin Corbett and Stefan Janos.
A Guy Named Joe, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Voice of Firestone Televues.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1943!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1943 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Robin Corbett: Australian-British politician, a Member of Parliament returned at General Election on 6/11/1987.
- Stefan Janos: Slovak-Swiss physicist and academic.
- Paul Wolfowitz: American banker and politician 25th United States Deputy Secretary of Defense.
- Beatrix Potter: English writer (Born 1866).
- WEB Du Bois elected 1st black member, National Institute of Arts & Letters
- Manufacturers get permission to use synthetic rubber for baseball core.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 December 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?