Wednesday 29 December 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rick Danko and Ron Perry.
The Miracle of Morgan's Creek, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching At Home.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1943!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 29 December 1943 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Rick Danko: Canadian musician, a singer and bass player with "The Band," formed in 1961 of four Canadians and an American southerner.
- Ron Perry
- JHR Maij-Wegge: Dutch Traffic Minister (19.
- Bill Aucoin: American rock band manager (Born 1943).
- Molly Bang: American author and illustrator.
- William H Singer: American painter/collector (Singer Museum), dies at age 75.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?