Tuesday 28 December 1943US date format: 12/28/1943, UK date format: 28/12/1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 28, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bobby Comstock and Cokie Roberts.
Higher and Higher, directed by Tim Whelan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Noveltoon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 December 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1943!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1943 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Cokie Roberts: Journalist.
- Bobby Comstock: Rocker.
- Oscar D: Dhlomo; South African Secretary-General of Inkatha (1978-90).
- David Peterson in Toronto: Ontario, Canada; premier of Ontario Canada (Liberal) (1982-).
- Juan Luis Cipriani Thorne: Peruvian cardinal.
- Juan Cipriani Thorne: Cardinal Priest and Archbishop of Lima in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Juan Thorne: Peruvian cardinal.
- Keith Floyd: English chef and author (d. 2009).
- David Peterson: Canadian lawyer and politician 20th Premier of Ontario.
- Joan Ruddock: Welsh politician.
- Richard Whiteley: English journalist and game show host (d. 2005).
- Steve Evans: American baseball player (Born 1885).
- All inhabitants of Kalmukkie are deported, about 70,000 killed.
- World War II : After eight days of brutal house-to-house fighting, the battle of Ortona concludes with the victory of the1st Canadian Infantry Division over the German 1st Parachute Division and the capture of the Italian town of Ortona.