Saturday 18 December 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Keith Richards and Bobby Keyes.
A Guy Named Joe, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while So Little Time by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Voice of Firestone Televues.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1943!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 18 December 1943 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Keith Richards: British musician, who formed "The Rolling Stones" with Mick Jagger in July 1962, one of the most famous groups of the wide-open '60s who retained their notoriety for four decades.
- Bobby Keyes: Rocker.
- Bobby Keys: American musician, saxophoniste, born in Texas.
- Hanoch Levin: Hanoch Levin was Israel's most prolific and controversial playwright whose dark comedies of great psychological insight and poetry both shocked and entranced his audiences.
- Herve Mazard
- Alan Rudolph: Actor (Endangers Species, Love at Large, Made in Heaven).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?