Saturday 18 December 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bobby Keyes and Bobby Keys.
A Guy Named Joe, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Voice of Firestone Televues.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1943!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1943 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Bobby Keyes: Rocker.
- Bobby Keys: American musician, saxophoniste, born in Texas.
- Hanoch Levin: Hanoch Levin was Israel's most prolific and controversial playwright whose dark comedies of great psychological insight and poetry both shocked and entranced his audiences.
- Keith Richards: British musician, who formed "The Rolling Stones" with Mick Jagger in July 1962, one of the most famous groups of the wide-open '60s who retained their notoriety for four decades.
- Herve Mazard: .
- Alan Rudolph: Actor (Endangers Species, Love at Large, Made in Heaven)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 December 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?