Thursday 30 December 1943US date format: 12/30/1943, UK date format: 30/12/1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 30, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Noël Kerdraon and Rolf Gehlhaar.
Higher and Higher, directed by Tim Whelan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Noveltoon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 December 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1943!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1943 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Jean-Noël Kerdraon
- Rolf Gehlhaar: Composer.
- Walden Welch: Walden Welch was a California Astrologer and Psychic.
- Gösta Winbergh: Swedish tenor and actor (d. 2002).
- Hobart Bosworth: Actor (Woman of Affairs, Big Parade), dies at 76.
- Phillies trade Babe Dahlgren to Pittsburgh for Babe Phelps and cash
- Subhas Chandra Bose raises the flag of Indian independence at Port Blair.
- Subhash Chandra Bose sets up a pro-Japanese Indian government at Port Blair, India.
- Bengal Famine.
- The Colossus computer is invented by the British to break German encryption (see History of computing hardware).
- The Mondragón Cooperative Corporation begins in Basque Country in Spain.
- Arana Hall, Otago is founded in New Zealand.
- Jacques-Yves Cousteau co-invents, with Emile Gagnan, the first commercially successful open circuit type of scuba diving equipment, the Aqua-lung.ampquotYear by Year 1943ampquot – History Channel International
- Publication of Martin Noth's groundbreaking ''Uberlieferungsgeschischtliche Studien: Die sammelnden und bearbeitenden Geschichtswerke im Alten Testament'' Schriften der Konigsberger Gelehrten Gesellschaft: Geisteswissenschaftliche Klasse 18,2 (trans: ampquotWritings of the Konigsberger Scholarly Society:Spiritual Scientific Class No. 18.2ampquot): (Halle ampquotHalle an der Saaleampquot: M. Niemeyer, 1943)
- The Belzec extermination camp is closed and dismantled by the Nazis