Thursday 8 January 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 8, 2009). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyonce.
Moon, directed by Duncan Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Hot, Flat, And Crowded by Thomas L. Friedman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Secret Millionaire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beaterator or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 January 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 8 January 2009 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 January
- Richard John Neuhaus: Canadian-American Christian writer and editor (Born 1936).
- In Los Angeles, California, the Critics' Choice Awards are announced. Best picture: Slumdog Millionaire
- The United States Congress certifies the results of the 2008 presidential election, confirming Barack Obama as President-elect. (Fox News)
- Pakistan confirms that Ajmal Amir, the last surviving participant in the 2008 terrorist attacks on Mumbai, India, is a Pakistani citizen, but dismisses National Security Advisor Mahmud Ali Durrani for making the admission. (CNN-IBN)
- 2008–2009 Israel–Gaza conflict:
- Several rockets fired from Lebanon strike the Israeli city of Nahariya. Hezbollah denies responsibility for the attack. (Sky News)
- The United Nations suspends humanitarian aid operations in Gaza after receiving fire from the Israel Defense Forces. (BBC)
- The UN Security Council votes, with the United States abstaining, to adopt Resolution 1860, which calls for a ceasefire in the conflict. However, Israel and Hamas continue their actions. (Sky News)
- Russia and Ukraine agree to resend natural gas through pipelines to Europe. (AP)
- The Sri Lankan Army recaptures the village of Pallai from the Tamil Tigers in an effort to reach the Jaffna Peninsula. (CNN)
- North Korea announces it will hold its delayed parliamentary election on March 8. (CNN)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 January 2009
Division 2Football (France)
- Boulogne - Lens : 3 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
- Live Your Life - T.I. Featuring Rihanna
- Chopped 'N' Skrewed - T-Pain Featuring Ludacris
- Ne-Yo - Miss Independent
- Trading Places - Usher
- Green Light - John Legend Featuring Andre 3000
- Pop Champagne - Jim Jones & Ron Browz Featuring Juelz Santana
- Put It On Ya - Plies Featuring Chris J
- Playa Cardz Right - Keyshia Cole Featuring 2Pac
- T.I. - Whatever You Like
Top #10 Latin songs
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- Te Regalo Amores - RKM & Ken-Y
- Marco Antonio Solis - No Molestar
- Cinco Minutos - Gloria Trevi
- La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho - Y Que Quede Claro
- Inolvidable - Reik
- Espero - Grupo Montez de Durango
- Lloro Por Ti - Enrique Iglesias
- Dame Tu Amor - Alacranes Musical
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
It is unclear whether the record low will be enough to lure home buyers back into the housing market. [..]
Where do I go in Mac OS X to see how much memory is installed in the computer? [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $48.67
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $50.02
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $53.17
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $37.70
- 1 CHF = 6.2509 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.7916 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9258 CHF
- 1 AUD = 4.867 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?