Friday 8 February 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christian Marin and Claude Rich.
Napoleon, directed by Abel Gance, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Dark Hester by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1929!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1929 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Christian Marin: French film actor, best known for his role in 'Le gendarme' series (as "Merlot"), although he did not appear in the last two sequels.
- Claude Rich: Strasbourg Actor.
- Maria Christina: Maria Christina of the Two Sicilies (d. 1878).
- KOY-AM in Phoenix Arizona begins radio transmissions
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?