Saturday 8 February 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 8, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Sin of Harold Diddlebock, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 February 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1947!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1947 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 February
- Ernest Samuel Williams: Composer, dies at 65.
- KSD (now KSDK) TV channel 5 in St. Louis, MO (NBC) begins broadcasting
- Jan van der Hoorn wins 8th Dutch 11-cities skating race (10:51).
- A dance hall fire in Berlin, Germany, kills over 80 people.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Open The Door, Richard (Part 1) - Dusty Fletcher
- Open The Door, Richard! - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- Open The Door, Richard - Three Flames