Friday 8 March 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Randy Meisner and Jacques Borie.
Rome, Open City, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Hits and Bits.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 8 March 1946
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 8 March 1946. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1946 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Randy Meisner: American musician inducted with the Eagles into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on January 12, 1998.
- Randy Meisner rock bassist/vocalist (Poco: Eagles - "Take it Easy").
- Jacques Borie: French chef, who works in L'osler in Tokyo.
- Robert Jaworski: Philippine senator, basketball coach and PBA basketball player, also known as Sonny Jaworski, Bobby Jaworski, Robert Jaworski, Sr.
- Yiannis Parios: Greek singer.
- 1st helicopter licensed for coml use (NYC)
- First helicopter licensed for commercial use (New York City, New York).
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Jo Stafford - Day by Day
- Shoo-Fly Pie and Apple Pan Dowdy - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra (Vocal June Christy)
- Shoo-Fly Pie And Apple Pan Dowdy - Dinah Shore
- Les Brown & His Orchestra - Doctor, Lawyer, Indian Chief