Friday 8 March 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Randy Meisner and Randy Meisner rock bassist/vocalist (Poco.
To Each His Own, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The River Road by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 March 1946 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Randy Meisner: American musician inducted with the Eagles into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on January 12, 1998.
- Randy Meisner rock bassist/vocalist (Poco: Eagles - "Take it Easy").
- Jacques Borie: French chef, who works in L'osler in Tokyo.
- Robert Jaworski: Philippine senator, basketball coach and PBA basketball player, also known as Sonny Jaworski, Bobby Jaworski, Robert Jaworski, Sr.
- Yiannis Parios: Greek singer.
- 1st helicopter licensed for coml use (NYC)
- First helicopter licensed for commercial use (New York City, New York).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Personality - Dinah Shore
- Hey! Ba-Ba-Re-Bop - Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra
- Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians - Seems Like Old Times
- Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra - Atlanta G.A.
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - Oh! What It Seemed To Be
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?