Thursday February 8, 1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 8, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Klay Thompson and Bethany Hamilton.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Opposites Attract by Paula Abdul.
In UK Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor was in the top 5 hits.
Nightbreed, directed by Clive Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Who Needs God by Harold Kushner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Aerolina.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Combo Racer or Crystals of Arborea.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 February 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1990!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1990 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Klay Thompson: Basketball Player.
- Bethany Hamilton: American professional surfer who survived a 2003 shark attack in which her left arm was bitten off.
- Yacine Brahimi
- Jonathan Page: English footballer.
- Ben Schnetzer: Actor.
- Daniel Vidot: Australian rugby league footballer.
- Christian Madsen: Movie Actor.
- Trần Dung: Vietnamese model Miss Vietnam 2008.
- Del Shannon: American singer, one of the early rockers who wrote his own material.
- 60 Minutes commentator Andy Rooney suspended by CBS for racial remarks attributed to him by a gay magazine
- David Hares Racing Demon, premieres in London
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Opposites Attract
- Seduction - Two To Make It Right
- Rod Stewart - Downtown Train
- Aerosmith - Janie's Got A Gun
- Michael Bolton - How Am I Supposed To Live Without You
- Chicago - What Kind Of Man Would I Be?
- Roxette - Dangerous
- Skid Row - I Remember You
- Janet Jackson - Escapade
- Milli Vanilli - All Or Nothing
Top #10 R&B songs
- Skyy - Real Love
- Regina Belle - Make It Like It Was
- Michel'le - No More Lies
- Ruby Turner - It's Gonna Be Alright
- Scandalous! - Prince Featuring Kim Basinger
- Good Girls - Your Sweetness
- Sybil - Walk On By
- Michael Cooper - Should Have Been You
- Surface - Can We Spend Some Time
- Opposites Attract - Paula Abdul (Duet With The Wild Pair)
Top #10 Latin songs
- Kaoma - Lambada
- La Cima Del Cielo - Ricardo Montaner
- Daniela Romo - Quiero Amanecer Con Alguien
- Gipsy Kings - Vamos A Bailar
- Ana Gabriel - Soledad
- Como Fui A Enamorarme De Ti - Los Bukis
- Maravilloso, Corazon, Maravilloso - Raphael
- Para Amarnos Mas - Mijares
- Lambada-Llorando Se Fue - Teresa Guerra
- Si Me Vas A Olvidar - Roberto Carlos
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor
- Get Up (Before The Night Is Over) - Technotronic featuring Ya Kid K
- Beats International featuring Lindy Layton - Dub Be Good To Me
- Kylie Minogue - Tears On My Pillow
- Lonnie Gordon - Happenin' All Over Again
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?