Saturday 24 February 1990
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 24, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jaymi Hensley and Stefan Müller.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Opposites Attract by Paula Abdul.
In UK Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor was in the top 5 hits.
The Hunt for Red October, directed by John McTiernan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while What I Saw At The Revolution by Peggy Noonan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Aerolina.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bimini Run or Cratermaze.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 February 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1990!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1990 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
Famous Birthdays:24 February
- Johnnie Ray: American singer and songwriter of the pre-Elvis '50s, who specialized in heavy emoting with songs that earned him the title of Prince of Wails.
- Tony Conigliaro: American athlete, pro baseball player for the Boston Red Sox, outfielder and right handed batter who suffered multiple injuries that cut short an illustrious career.
- Sandro Pertini: Italian Socialist President, sworn in 9 July 1978, succeeding Giovanni Leone.
- Malcolm Forbes: CEO (Forbes Publishing), dies of a heart attack at age 70 (born 1919).
- Beth Daniel wins LPGA Orix Hawaiian Ladies Golf Open.
- The Lithuanian Soviet Socialist Republic holds the first democratic election in the history of the Soviet Union.
- The Sandinistas are defeated in the Nicaraguan elections, with Violeta Chamorro elected as the new president of Nicaragua, replacing Daniel Ortega.
- The USSR agrees to withdraw all 73,500 troops from Czechoslovakia by July, 1991.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Where Do We Go From Here - Stacy Lattisaw & Johnny Gill
- Michel'le - No More Lies
- Opposites Attract - Paula Abdul (Duet With The Wild Pair)
- Ruby Turner - It's Gonna Be Alright
- Surface - Can We Spend Some Time
- Soul II Soul - Jazzie's Groove
- Janet Jackson - Escapade
- Salt-N-Pepa - Expression
- Christopher Williams - Promises, Promises
- Quincy Jones - The Secret Garden
Top #10 Latin songs
- Kaoma - Lambada
- La Cima Del Cielo - Ricardo Montaner
- Daniela Romo - Quiero Amanecer Con Alguien
- Ana Gabriel - Soledad
- Como Fui A Enamorarme De Ti - Los Bukis
- Para Amarnos Mas - Mijares
- Gipsy Kings - Vamos A Bailar
- Maravilloso, Corazon, Maravilloso - Raphael
- Lambada-Llorando Se Fue - Teresa Guerra
- Esta Vez - Franco de Vita
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor
- Get Up (Before The Night Is Over) - Technotronic featuring Ya Kid K
- Beats International featuring Lindy Layton - Dub Be Good To Me
- Kylie Minogue - Tears On My Pillow
- Lonnie Gordon - Happenin' All Over Again
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?