Saturday 8 March 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carole Bayer Sager and Mike Allsup in Modesto.
Ivan the Terrible, Part I, directed by Sergei Eisenstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Small Fry Club.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1947 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Carole Bayer Sager: American composer.
- Mike Allsup in Modesto: California, USA; rock guitarist (Three Dog Night).
- Florentino Perez: Spanish football executive.
- Hermann Meyer: German popular psychologist, astrologer, author and teacher.
- Michael Allsup: American guitarist (Three Dog Night).
- Carole Sager: American singer-songwriter and painter
- Michael Hart: American author founded Project Gutenberg (d. 2011)
- Vladimír Mišík: Czech singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Matadors Blue Effect Flamengo and Etc...)
- Florentino Pérez: Spanish engineer and businessman
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 March 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1947 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?