Friday 8 May 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lord Murton [of Lindisfrarne] and Romain Gary.
Home, Sweet Home, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1914 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Lord Murton [of Lindisfrarne]: Deputy Chairman (Comm House of Lords).
- Romain Gary: French diplomat, novelist, film director and World War II aviator of Litvak origin.
- Øystein Os: Norwegian insurance man and journalist.
- Eberhard Telkamp: Germany Military man.
- US Congress approves a resolution designating the second Sunday in May as Mother's Day.
- Paramount Pictures is formed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Darktown Poker Club - Bert Williams
- Nearer My God to Thee - John McCormack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?