Wednesday 8 May 1912
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gertrud Fussenegger and George Woodcock.
Only a Woman, directed by Theo Frenkel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while Their Yesterdays by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1912 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Gertrud Fussenegger: [Dorn] Austrian writer (Mohrenlegende).
- George Woodcock: Canadian writer of political biography and history, an anarchist thinker, an essayist and literary critic.
- Paramount Pictures is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Come to the Ball - Henry Burr
- Red Pepper - A Spicy Rag - Fred Van Eps
- I'm Going Back to Dixie - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?