Sunday 8 December 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 8, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Phil Collen and Cai Guo-Qiang.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
Witness for the Prosecution, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Real McCoys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 December 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1957!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1957 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Phil Collen: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Def Leppard Girl Man Raze Tush and Dumb Blondes).
- Cai Guo-Qiang
- Agnès Saal
- Terri Blackstock: Writer.
- James Cama: American martial artist and educator (d. 2014).
- Reginald Sheffield: London, England -- Actor (Second Chance).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?