Tuesday 8 October 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 8, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cristina Mullins and Derrick Bird.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Honeycomb by Jimmie Rodgers.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Quiet Flows the Don, directed by Sergey Gerasimov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Letter From Peking by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Real McCoys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1957 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Cristina Mullins: Brazilian actress noted on TV soap series.
- Derrick Bird
- James De Paiva: Hayward, California -- Actor (Max Holden-One Life to Live).
- Joe Castiglione: American college athletic director.
- Michael W. Smith: Musician.
- Antonio Cabrini: Italian footballer and manager.
- Martha Kearney: Irish journalist.
- Sonia Choquette: American writer, New York Times best-selling author, storyteller, vibrational healer, and six-sensory spiritual teacher.
- Doug Cox: Guelph, Ontario -- 90 kg Greco Roman wrestler (1996 Olympics).
- Procter and Gamble-director N McElroy becomes US Minister of Defense
- Soviet spy Jack Sobel sentenced to 7 years (NYC)
- Brooklyn Dodgers announce move to Los Angeles.
- Turkish and Syrian border guards exchange fire.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- The Tune Weavers - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?