Monday October 19, 1908
US date format: 10/19/1908, UK date format: 19/10/1908
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 19, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Nils Geirr Tveitt and Patrick Cairns "Spike" Hughes.
David and Goliath, directed by Ferdinando Baldi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 19, 1908?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 19, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Down in Jungle Town
- Haydn Quartet with Harry Macdonough - Take Me Out to the Ball Game