Wednesday 8 September 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sergio Pininfarina and Lawrence Walsh.
3 Bad Men, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Sorrell and Son by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1926 ?
- Sergio Pininfarina: Italian industrialist, the son of entrepreneur Battista Pininfarina.
- Lawrence Walsh: American politician who, from 1965-1966, was the conservative-democrat Mayor of Huntington Park.
- Bhupen Hazarika: Indian singer-songwriter poet and director (d. 2011).
- League of Nations Assembly voted unanimously to admit Germany
- Germany is admitted to the League of Nations.
- Aloha Tower is officially dedicated at Honolulu Harbor in the Territory of Hawai'i.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Ya Gotta Know How to Love - Gene Austin
- Bye Bye, Blackbird - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- At Peace with the World - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Love Bound - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?