Friday 9 April 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hugh Hefner and Lord Fitt.
For Heaven's Sake, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Hounds of Spring by Sylvia Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1926!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1926 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Hugh Hefner: An American entrepreneur, Hefner is a publisher, film producer, music publisher, book publisher and owner of a record company, theaters, model agency, gambling casinos, limo service and bunny paraphernalia.
- Lord Fitt: MP (Belfast Ireland).
- Michael Ogden: QC.
- Graham Hills principal (Strathclyde University: England).
- Harris Wofford: American politician (Senator-Republican-Pennsylvania).
- Hugh [Marston] Hefner in Chicago: Illinois, USA; magazine publisher (Playboy).
- Gerry Fitt: Northern Irish soldier and politician; British life peer (d. 2005).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Song of the Vagabonds - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Miami - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?