Friday 23 April 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 23, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aram Avakian and James P Donleavy in Brooklyn.
The Border Sheriff, directed by Robert N. Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 April 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1926!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1926 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Aram Avakian
- James P Donleavy in Brooklyn: New York, USA; novelist (The Ginger Man, Onion Eaters).
- Richard Laws Master (Saint Edmunds College: Cambridge, USA).
- J P Donleavy: Irish American author.
- Charlotte Rae: Actress.
- Rifaat el-Mahgoub: Egyptian politician (d. 1990).
- Richard Laws: English mammalogist and academic (d. 2014).
- J Donleavy: American-Irish author and playwright.
- Joseph Pennell: Artist / author.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Here in My Arms - Jack Shilkret & His Orchestra
- Thanks for the Buggy Ride - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- Always - George Olsen & His Orchestra