Saturday 3 April 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 3, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gus Grissom and Andrew Keir.
Dog Shy, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 April 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1926!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1926 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Gus Grissom: American astronaut, one of the original seven men chosen to represent the United States in space, the second American in space on Project Mercury in 1961, and the first to maneuver a spacecraft manually from one orbital path to another.
- Andrew Keir: Actor (Rob Roy, Absolution, Blood Hunt), dies at 71.
- Marcel Mathieu: France sport Champion.
- Virgil Grissom in Mitchell: Indiana, USA; Lieutenant Colonel US Air Force/astronaut (Mercury 4, Gemini 3) (dies 1967).
- Alex Grammas: American baseball player manager and coach.
- 2nd flight of a liquid-fueled rocket by Robert Goddard
- Italy establishes corp of force in order to break powerful unions.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Song of the Vagabonds - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Miami - Al Jolson