Saturday 3 April 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew Keir and Virgil Grissom in Mitchell.
For Heaven's Sake, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Hounds of Spring by Sylvia Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1926!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1926 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Andrew Keir: Actor (Rob Roy, Absolution, Blood Hunt, Catholics).
- Virgil Grissom in Mitchell: Indiana, USA; Lieutenant Colonel US Air Force/astronaut (Mercury 4, Gemini 3) (dies 1967).
- Virgil ''Gus'' Grissom: American astronaut (d. 1967).
- Gus Grissom: American astronaut, one of the original seven men chosen to represent the United States in space, the second American in space on Project Mercury in 1961, and the first to maneuver a spacecraft manually from one orbital path to another.
- Marcel Mathieu: France sport Champion.
- 2nd flight of a liquid-fueled rocket by Robert Goddard
- Italy establishes corp of force in order to break powerful unions.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Miami - Al Jolson
- Song of the Vagabonds - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?