Wednesday 14 April 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lucien Israël and Liz Renay.
For Heaven's Sake, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Beau Sabreur by P.C. Wren was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1926!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1926 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Lucien Israël
- Liz Renay: American exotic dancer, model, stripper and party girl.
- Gloria Jean
- Lucien Israel: French physician, holder of the ecology chair at the University of Paris from 1983.
- Heinz Neuhaus: German boxer, heavy weight champion.
- Barbara Anderson: New Zealand author (d. 2013).
- Frank Daniel: Czech-born writer, director, producer and teacher (Born 1926).
- Jan Carl Christian Maegaard: Composer.
- Leopold Calvo-Sotelo: Spanish political figure and prime minister during the period of transition after the end of Francisco Franco's regime.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue - Art Landry & His Orchestra
- That Certain Party - Ted Lewis & His Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?