Thursday 29 April 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leonard Fenton and Carie Meek.
Brown of Harvard, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 April 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1926!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1926 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Leonard Fenton
- Carie Meek: American politician (Representative-Democrat-Florida).
- Elmer Kelton: American journalist and author (d. 2009).
- France and US reach accord on repayment of WWI.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Love My Baby - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- That Certain Feeling - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Only a Rose - Carolyn Thompson