Thursday 9 April 1925
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Heinz Nixdorf and Michael Richardson.
The Wizard of Oz, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Soundings by A. Hamilton Gibbs was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Star Map on 9 April 1925
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1925!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1925 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Heinz Nixdorf
- Michael Richardson: vice CEO (N M Rothschild).
- Tom Jackson: British union leader (Post Office).
- Albert Decourtray: French ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic priest and Cardinal of Lyon.
- Linda Goodman: American astrologer who wrote a top selling book, "Sun Signs," 1968, which sold over five million copies, bringing astrology into the everyday market.
- Dominique Mayet: Pratz Painters.
- Virginia Gibson: American actress singer and dancer (d. 2013).
- Art Kane: American photographer (d. 1995).
- Babe Ruth rushed to hospital
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Everybody Loves My Baby (But My Baby Don't Love Nobody But Me) - Clarence Williams' Blue Five
- Old Dan Tucker - Fiddlin' John Carson
- Oh! Lady be Good - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?