Monday 13 August 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 13, 1923). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Little Old New York, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1923!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1923 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 August
- Germany: Gustav Stresemann becomes Premier of coalition government
- Turkish National Congress selects Moestafa Kemal Pasja as President
- US Steel Corp initiates 8th-hour work day
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Marcheta - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Yes! We have No Bananas - Great White Way Orchestra (Vocal Billy Murray)
- Swinging Down the Lane - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra