Friday 17 August 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Sabatier and Pierre Chaunu.
Little Old New York, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 August 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1923!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1923 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Robert Sabatier: French poet and writer who authored numerous novels, essays and books of aphorisms and poems.
- Pierre Chaunu: French historian, specializing in Latin American history.
- Larry Rivers: American painter and sculptor (d. 2002).
- Anton Kersjes: Violinist / conductor (Amsterdam Philharmonic Orch).
- Larry Rivers [Grossberg]: NYC, New York -- Painter (Washington crossing Delaware-1953).
- Donald Seibert: Hamilton EXecutives.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Marcheta - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Yes! We have No Bananas - Great White Way Orchestra (Vocal Billy Murray)
- Swinging Down the Lane - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra