Wednesday 29 August 1923
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 29, 1923). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Attenborough and Angela Gallo.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1923!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1923 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Richard Attenborough: English actor, film director, producer and entrepreneur.
- Angela Gallo: American astrologer, co-editor and publisher of "The Rising Sign," 1971-1976 and co-author with Robert Prete of "Celebrity Horoscopes.
- Lester Trimble
- Jean Ache: French comic book author, animator and art connoisseur.
- Marmaduke Hussey: Baron Hussey of North Bradley English businessman (d. 2006).
- Hiralal Gaekwad: Indian cricketer.
- Reinier Braams: Dutch biophysicist / MP (VVD).
- Lester Albert Trimble: Composer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Who's Sorry Now? - Marion Harris
- Aunt Hagar's Blues - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Yes! We Have No Bananas - Selvin's Orchestra
- Baby Won't You Please Come Home Blues - Bessie Smith