Thursday 23 August 1923US date format: 8/23/1923, UK date format: 23/8/1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 23, 1923). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dona Shaw and Edgar F Codd.
Little Old New York, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 August 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1923!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1923 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Dona Shaw: American astrologer and motel owner.
- Humphrey Fisher: TV producer.
- Edgar F Codd: English computer scientist (d. 2003).
- Wolfgang Sawallisch in Munich: Germany; conductor (Vienna Symphony 1960-70).
- Edgar Codd: English-American computer scientist and programmer (d. 2003).
- Capt. Lowell Smith and Lt. John P. Richter performed the first mid-air refueling on De Havilland DH-4B, setting an endurance flight record of 37 hours.