Thursday 23 August 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Humphrey Fisher and Edgar F Codd.
Hollywood, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1923!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1923 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Humphrey Fisher: TV producer.
- Edgar F Codd: English computer scientist (d. 2003).
- Wolfgang Sawallisch in Munich: Germany; conductor (Vienna Symphony 1960-70).
- Dona Shaw: American astrologer and motel owner.
- Edgar Codd: English-American computer scientist and programmer (d. 2003).
- Capt. Lowell Smith and Lt. John P. Richter performed the first mid-air refueling on De Havilland DH-4B, setting an endurance flight record of 37 hours.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Marcheta - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Yes! We have No Bananas - Great White Way Orchestra (Vocal Billy Murray)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?