Thursday 23 August 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dona Shaw and Edgar F Codd.
Little Old New York, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 August 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1923!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1923 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Dona Shaw: American astrologer and motel owner.
- Humphrey Fisher: TV producer.
- Edgar F Codd: English computer scientist (d. 2003).
- Wolfgang Sawallisch in Munich: Germany; conductor (Vienna Symphony 1960-70).
- Edgar Codd: English-American computer scientist and programmer (d. 2003).
- Capt. Lowell Smith and Lt. John P. Richter performed the first mid-air refueling on De Havilland DH-4B, setting an endurance flight record of 37 hours.