Monday 6 August 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Moira Lister and Jackie Kelk in Brooklyn.
Little Old New York, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1923!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1923 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Moira Lister: South African actress (Born 1923).
- Jack Parnell: London, England -- Orchestra leader (Englebert Humperdick Show).
- Jackie Kelk in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Homer - Aldrich Family).
- William B Williams in Babylon: New York, USA; DJ (WNEW, Sammy and Company).
- Jess Collins: American artist (Born 1923).
- Paul Hellyer: Canadian engineer and politician 16th Canadian Minister of Defence.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Louisville Lou - Arthur Gibbs & His Gang
- Morning Will Come - Al Jolson
- Who's Sorry Now? - Isham Jones & His Orchestra