Monday 6 August 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Parnell and Jackie Kelk in Brooklyn.
Little Old New York, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1923!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1923 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Jack Parnell: London, England -- Orchestra leader (Englebert Humperdick Show).
- Jackie Kelk in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Homer - Aldrich Family).
- William B Williams in Babylon: New York, USA; DJ (WNEW, Sammy and Company).
- Jess Collins: American artist (Born 1923).
- Paul Hellyer: Canadian engineer and politician 16th Canadian Minister of Defence.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 August 1923
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Isham Jones & His Orchestra - Swingin' Down the Lane
- Aggravatin' Papa - Sophie Tucker
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?