Monday 27 August 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 27, 1923). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Don Grate and Jimmy Greenhalgh.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 August 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1923!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1923 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Don Grate: American baseball and basketball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Philadelphia Phillies for 2 seasons in 1945-1946, and a small forward/shooting guard for the Sheboygan Redskins of the NBA.
- Jimmy Greenhalgh: English footballer and manager (d. 2013).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Who's Sorry Now? - Marion Harris
- Aunt Hagar's Blues - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Yes! We Have No Bananas - Selvin's Orchestra
- Baby Won't You Please Come Home Blues - Bessie Smith