Thursday 30 August 1923US date format: 8/30/1923, UK date format: 30/8/1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 30, 1923). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Pierre and Elias Victor Seixas.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 August 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1923!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1923 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Roger Pierre: French humourist and actor, widely known for his role of Jean Le Gall in "Mon Oncle d'Amérique".
- Elias Victor Seixas: United States -- Mixed double tennis player (Wimbeld 1953-56).
- Gerhard Wimberger: Austria -- Composer (Glove).
- Barbara Ansell: British physician, founder of paediatric rheumatology (d. 2001).
- Richard Attenborough: Actor.
- William Duell: American actor and singer (d. 2011).
- Nate Saint: American Evangelical Christian missionary (d. 1956).
- Vic Seixas: American tennis player.
- Charmian Clift: Australian journalist and author (d. 1969).
- Hurricane season begins, with a tropical storm northeast of Turks and Caicos.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Who's Sorry Now? - Marion Harris
- Aunt Hagar's Blues - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Yes! We Have No Bananas - Selvin's Orchestra
- Baby Won't You Please Come Home Blues - Bessie Smith