Thursday 30 August 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Pierre and Gerhard Wimberger.
Why Worry?, directed by Fred Newmeyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 30 August 1923
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1923!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1923 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Roger Pierre: French humourist and actor, widely known for his role of Jean Le Gall in "Mon Oncle d'Amérique".
- Gerhard Wimberger: Austria -- Composer (Glove).
- Barbara Ansell: British physician, founder of paediatric rheumatology (d. 2001).
- Charmian Clift: Australian journalist and author (d. 1969).
- Elias Victor Seixas: United States -- Mixed double tennis player (Wimbeld 1953-56).
- Nate Saint: American Evangelical Christian missionary (d. 1956).
- Vic Seixas: American tennis player.
- William Duell: American actor and singer (d. 2011).
- Hurricane season begins, with a tropical storm northeast of Turks and Caicos.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Who's Sorry Now? - Marion Harris
- Aunt Hagar's Blues - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Yes! We Have No Bananas - Selvin's Orchestra
- Baby Won't You Please Come Home Blues - Bessie Smith