Wednesday 1 August 1923
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Prat and Howard M Fish.
Little Old New York, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1923!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1923 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Jean Prat: French rugby player, nicknamed ‘’Mr.
- Howard M Fish
- Devol Brett: American military, Major General for the U.S.
- Jacques Rispal
- Val Bettin: American voice actor.
- Howard Fish: American Air Force lieutenant general who was the assistant vice chief of staff of the U.S.
- Yoshinao Nakada: Composer.
- Paul Lambert: El Paso, Texas -- Actor (Tom-Executive Suite).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Aggravatin' Papa - Sophie Tucker
- Isham Jones & His Orchestra - Swingin' Down the Lane