Wednesday 1 August 1923US date format: 8/1/1923, UK date format: 1/8/1923
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 1, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Prat and Howard M Fish.
Little Old New York, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1923!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1923 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Jean Prat: French rugby player, nicknamed ‘’Mr.
- Howard M Fish
- Devol Brett: American military, Major General for the U.S.
- Jacques Rispal
- Stephanie Kwolek: Scientist.
- Val Bettin: American voice actor.
- Paul Lambert: El Paso, Texas -- Actor (Tom-Executive Suite).
- Yoshinao Nakada: Composer.
- Howard Fish: American Air Force lieutenant general who was the assistant vice chief of staff of the U.S.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Aggravatin' Papa - Sophie Tucker
- Isham Jones & His Orchestra - Swingin' Down the Lane