Sunday 9 June 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 9, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elly van Holly and Bruno Landolt.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Johnny Tremain, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Far, Far The Mountain Peak by John Masters was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 June 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1957 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Elly van Holly: Running star (3k indoor world record).
- Bruno Landolt: Fascinated by astrology since youth, he passed the education as astrological psychologist at the API, certified in December 6, 1996.
- TD Jakes: Religious Leader.
- Randy Read: English crystallographer and academic.
- Robert Oboussier: Composer, dies at 56.
- Anthony Eden resigns as British Prime Minister.
- Broad Peak, on the China-Pakistan border, is first ascended.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell) - Chuck Berry
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?