Saturday 9 June 1945US date format: 6/9/1945, UK date format: 9/6/1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 9, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Luis Ocaña and Faina Myelink.
Conflict, directed by Curtis Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 June 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1945!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1945 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Luis Ocaña: Spanish cyclist (d. 1994).
- Nicky Oppenheimer: Businessman.
- Faina Myelink: USSR -- Discus thrower (1972 Olympics -...
- Luis Ocana: Spanish athlete, a champion cyclist.
- Nike Wagner: German art festival director.
- Gruesome Twosome, premieres in USA
- 71st Kentucky Derby: Eddie Arcaro aboard Hoop Jr wins in 2:07
- Following an 8-7 win over the Phils, Brooklyn manager Leo Durocher is arrested on a complaint by a fan that Durocher slugged him
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bell Bottom Trousers - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- The More I See You - Dick Haymes