Wednesday 9 June 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 9, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Happy Rockefeller and Mona Freeman in Baltimore.
Ella Cinders, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 June 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1926!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1926 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Happy Rockefeller: American socialite, the wife of Nelson Rockefeller with whom she had two sons.
- Mona Freeman in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; actress (Black Beauty, Dear Wife, Heiress).
- Roy Smalley: Shortstop (Cubs, Braves, Phillies, Twins, Yankees).
- : American singer and bass player (d. 2010).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Cossack Love Song - Ipana Troubadors
- Song of the Flame - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Horses - George Olsen & His Orchestra