Wednesday 9 June 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mona Freeman in Baltimore and Roy Smalley.
Hintertreppe, directed by Leopold Jessner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Hounds of Spring by Sylvia Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1926!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1926 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Mona Freeman in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; actress (Black Beauty, Dear Wife, Heiress).
- Roy Smalley: Shortstop (Cubs, Braves, Phillies, Twins, Yankees).
- Happy Rockefeller: American socialite, the wife of Nelson Rockefeller with whom she had two sons.
- : American singer and bass player (d. 2010).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1926 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Gimme a Lil' Kiss, Will Ya Huh? - Whispering Jack Smith
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?