Wednesday 24 January 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 24, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ernest Borgnine and Nadine Vogel.
A Man There Was, directed by Victor Sjöström, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 January 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1917 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Ernest Borgnine: American film and television actor whose career spanned more than six decades.
- Nadine Vogel
- Marcel Hansenne: French middle distance runner, who won the bronze medal at the 1948 Summer Olympics in London over 800 m in a time of 1:49.