Wednesday 9 September 1903
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 9, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Upward and Phyllis Whitney.
A Chess Dispute, directed by Robert W. Paul, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 September 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1903!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1903 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Edward Upward: British novelist and short-story writer (Born 1903).
- Phyllis Whitney: Japanese-American writer who is the best-selling author of romantic suspense novels.
- Maurice Bleicher: France Scientist.
- Paul Souffron: France Writer.
- Gaston Bizard: Lille physician.
- Lev Shankovsky: Ukrainian military historian (d. 1995).
- 6 km long Engadin-railroad tunnel of Switzerland inaugurated