Wednesday 9 September 1903
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Upward and Phyllis Whitney.
A Chess Dispute, directed by Robert W. Paul, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 September 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1903!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1903 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Edward Upward: British novelist and short-story writer (Born 1903).
- Phyllis Whitney: Japanese-American writer who is the best-selling author of romantic suspense novels.
- Maurice Bleicher: France Scientist.
- Paul Souffron: France Writer.
- Gaston Bizard: Lille physician.
- Lev Shankovsky: Ukrainian military historian (d. 1995).
- 6 km long Engadin-railroad tunnel of Switzerland inaugurated