Wednesday 9 September 1903
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Upward and Phyllis Whitney.
Tôkyôza katsudô daishashin, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
while Lady Rose's Daughter by Mary Augusta Ward was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1903!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1903 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Edward Upward: British novelist and short-story writer (Born 1903).
- Phyllis Whitney: Japanese-American writer who is the best-selling author of romantic suspense novels.
- Maurice Bleicher: France Scientist.
- Paul Souffron: France Writer.
- Gaston Bizard: Lille physician.
- Lev Shankovsky: Ukrainian military historian (d. 1995).
- 6 km long Engadin-railroad tunnel of Switzerland inaugurated
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1903 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Rosary - William H. Thompson
- Hurrah for Baffin's Bay - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Beautiful Bird, Sing On - Harry Macdonough & Joe Belmont
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?