Thursday September 17, 1903
US date format: 9/17/1903, UK date format: 17/9/1903
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 17, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Frank O'Connor and Minanogawa Tozo.
Uncle Tom's Cabin, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 17, 1903?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- See more
- Boston Pilgrims clinch AL pennant, beating Cleveland, 14-3
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 17, 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins - You Can't Fool All the People All the Time
- Mina Hickman - Congo Love Song
- Byron G. Harlan - Always in the Way