Thursday 17 September 1903
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Minanogawa Tozo and Karel Miljon.
Tôkyôza katsudô daishashin, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
while The Pit by Frank Norris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1903!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1903 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Minanogawa Tozo: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 34th Yokozuna (d. 1971).
- Karel Miljon: Dutch boxer (d. 1984).
- Frank O'Connor: American actor and representationalist painter (Born 1897).
- Minanogawa Tōzō: Japanese sumo wrestler the 34th Yokozuna (d. 1971).
- Boston Pilgrims clinch AL pennant, beating Cleveland, 14-3
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?