Wednesday September 16, 1903
US date format: 9/16/1903, UK date format: 16/9/1903
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 16, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Joe Venuti and Saginaw (Michigan).
Uncle Tom's Cabin, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 16, 1903?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 16, 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins - You Can't Fool All the People All the Time
- Mina Hickman - Congo Love Song
- Byron G. Harlan - Always in the Way