Thursday 15 September 1932
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carol Lawrence and Neil Bartlett.
Maedchen in Uniform, directed by Leontine Sagan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1932!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1932 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Carol Lawrence: American actress and singer in Broadway productions that included "West Side Story" with fame on TV variety shows, dramas, comedies and commercials.
- Neil Bartlett: English chemist, produced xenon hexafluoroplatinate (Born Sept.
- Charles Hutchison Gabriel: Composer, dies at 76.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 September 1932
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?