Thursday 29 September 1932
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Benton and Rainer Weiss.
A Bill of Divorcement, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while Magnolia Street by Louis Golding was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Talkie Songs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1932!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 29 September 1932 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Robert Benton: Texas, United States -- Writer / director (Kramer vs.
- Rainer Weiss
- Jeremy Isaacs: General director (Royal Opera House, Covent Garden).
- Mary Moon: Headmistress (Manchester High School for Girls).
- Peter Stormonth Darling: CEO (Mercury Asset Management Group).
- Ronald B Kitaj: US / British painter / graphic artist (pop art).
- Mehmood: Indian actor (d. 2004).
- Mehmood Ali: Indian actor director and producer (d. 2004).
- Paul Giel: American baseball player and sportscaster (d. 2002).
- Canon Paul Oestreicher: CEO (British section, Amnesty International).
- Bill of Divorcement premieres at the Mayfair
- Chaco War: Last day of the Battle of Boqueron between Paraguay and Bolivia.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?